Published on January 6th, 2015 📆 | 8025 Views ⚑0
SPARTA – Network Infrastructure Penetration Testing Tool
SPARTA is a python GUI application which simplifies network infrastructure penetration testing by aiding the penetration tester in the scanning and enumeration phase. It allows the tester to save time by having point-and-click access to his toolkit and by displaying all tool output in a convenient way. If little time is spent setting up commands and tools, more time can be spent focusing on analysing results.
– Run nmap from SPARTA or import nmap XML output.
– Transparent staged nmap: get results quickly and achieve thorough coverage.
– Configurable context menu for each service. You can configure what to run on discovered services. Any tool that can be run from a terminal, can be run from SPARTA.
– You can run any script or tool on a service across all the hosts in scope, just with a click of the mouse.
– Define automated tasks for services (ie. Run nikto on every HTTP service, or sslscan on every ssl service).
– Default credentials check for most common services. Of course, this can also be configured to run automatically.
– Identify password reuse on the tested infrastructure. If any usernames/passwords are found by Hydra they are stored in internal wordlists which can then be used on other targets in the same network (breaking news: sysadmins reuse passwords).
– Ability to mark hosts that you have already worked on so that you don’t waste time looking at them again.
– Website screenshot taker so that you don’t waste time on less interesting web servers.