Published on August 5th, 2014 📆 | 7298 Views ⚑0
Sandcat Browser 5 – A Penetration-Oriented Browser
Sandcat is a lightweight multi-tabbed web browser that combines the speed and power of Chromium and Lua. Sandcat comes with built-in live headers, an extensible user interface and command line console, resource viewer, and many other features that are useful for web developers and pen-testers.
Here is what changed in version 5.0 beta 1:
- Faster startup and responsiveness.
- Huge refactoring and cleanup of the current code.
- The Chromium library was upgraded to the latest release (incredibly fast!).
- Improved compatibility with 64-bit Windows editions.
- Improved source code editor.
- Available as free, open source/community edition (under a BSD-3-Clause license).
- Built using components and libraries from the Catarinka toolkit (also made open source at the same time with this release and under the same license).
- Includes the Selenite Lua library - a multi-purpose set of Lua extensions developed to make the development of Lua extensions easier in Sandcat. The code for Selenite is now open source, under the MIT license. The library documentation is available here.
- Fixed: output of the SHA1 and the full URL encoders that come with the pen-tester pack.