Published on February 13th, 2015 📆 | 8113 Views ⚑0
Rclone – Sync File and Directories to Cloud Storage in Linux
Rclone is a command line program to sync files and directories to and from Google Drive, Amazon S3, Openstack Swift / Rackspace cloud files / Memset Memstore, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, The local filesystem. It is a Go program and comes as a single binary file. Rclone is a Free and Open Source Software under the terms of MIT license which is hosted in its Github Repository.
Some Salient Features of Rclone are:
- MD5SUMs checked at all times for file integrity
- Timestamps preserved on files
- Partial syncs supported on a whole file basis
- Copy mode to just copy new/changed files
- Sync mode to make a directory identical
- Check mode to check all MD5SUMs
- Can sync to and from network, eg. two different Drive accounts
Rclone is a Go program and comes as a single binary file. you can Download the relevant binary from their official site.
Or install it via Go program.
more info an download can be found here