Published on February 28th, 2016 📆 | 6259 Views ⚑0
Firmwalker — Simple Bash Script for searching the extracted or mounted firmware file system
Definition: A FirmWalker is a simple bash script. FirmWalker is used for searching the extracted or mounted firmware file system.
- etc/shadow and etc/passwd
- etc/ssl directory is listed out
- SSL related files is being searched such as .pem, .crt, etc.
- Configuration files search
- Script files
- .bin files search
- find the keywords as admin, password, remote, etc.
- Common web servers used on IoT devices are search.
- Common binaries are search such as dropbear, ssh, tftp etc.
Where the script file is created a file "firmwalker.txt" will also be created in same directory, unless a different filename has been specified. If you put the firmwalker.sh file inside the directory to be searched, then the script search it itself and the file chmod 0700 firmwalker.sh is being created.